Jan 30, 2012

Kids and Subjective Reality

Subjective Reality Kid Photo
Photo Credit: {amanda}

The plus side about embracing the subjective model of reality at a young age (I'm currently) is that I can still remember the way I perceived reality in my premature age. My theory is that we all are born with the instinct of the subjective reality, but social conditioning makes us lose it and forget about it with time.

I don't know if all people experience the same thing though or if it's just me. So if the following is relevant to you too, please leave a comment.

Note: The word "reality" will be used sporadically in this article. The concept of reality may (will) vary from person to person, so a single definition isn't maintained throughout the article. For example, reality/real could be used to point to "life", "truth", "existence", "possibility"...


My own memories

When I was young, probably before 10, I used to think of my life as if I was Jim Carey in The Truman Show. In short, I believed that something or someone was planning my life. It isn't the same as destiny or fate. It's more like a higher being who could read my mind and transform reality accordingly. Hence, the lives of others were irrelevant and unimportant, everything was conspiring to make my life (reality) the way it is (should be).

Back then, as I remember, the concepts of past and future were inexistent (unreal), there was only the present moment and what I'm doing right now.

Maybe it's just me, but maybe we are obliged to read The Power of Now before we incarnate as humans; so we still remember some of it at a young age but we forget all about it when we grow up (at least until we read the earth-version of the book).

Also, when I was a kid, I used to believe that if I didn't personally perceive something or some situation, then it isn't real(1). For example, say I heard that a fight has happened but I didn't witness it myself; it would mean that that fight isn't real (for me), only the

fight's consequences that I witness are.

What I'm trying to say is, it didn't matter what happened outside of my perception. If I didn't perceive it then it doesn't matter. Only the consequences that I perceived were real.

Fast forward to the present moment. Now after I (re)embraced the subjective reality model, I think of reality exactly the same way. For example, in the dream world, if you heard that your parents had a fight, does that mean that a fight really has occurred? Of course not. If you didn't see (witness) your parents fighting then the fight isn't real(1). Tough you'll definitely experience the (real) consequences of that fight in your dream.

And since subjective reality suggests that the world we're living in when we're not dreaming is nothing but a dream of the higher consciousness, the way kids think of reality matches to a great extent the subjective reality model.

Kids and the LoA

How about kids and intention-manifestation?


Are you kidding me? Have you ever saw a kid with a goal? Kids don't have limiting believes. Not until we install some into them, so if a kid wanted to have something they'd go right ahead and grab it.

Consider the following scenario:
A kid is walking by a toy store with his parents. The kid sees a toy that he like. The kid sets the goal of obtaining the toy. If the kid faces resistance, he'd do anything to achieve his goal, whether it's begging, whining, crying, shouting... The result? He usually achieve his goal in under 24 hours, usually in minutes. How fast is that?

"And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it" ~Paulo Coelho
It's no wonder that when we ask kids what they want to do when they grow up, we get answers like: "I want to become an astronaut, the president or CEO of Oreo..." They are aware that if they had the right mind-set, the skill-set and tool-set will follow. But alas, there's always a "grown up" around to convince them with the limiting believes of why these goals are "unrealistic", "inefficient" or even "impossible".


Thought-created reality


Subjective Reality + LoA = Thought-Created Reality

Thought-created reality suggests that (your) reality manifests according to your core believes.

But kids believe in all sort of things!! Does this mean that all the fairy-taley things that kids believe in are real? Well yes... until we convince them otherwise. Let's take Santa for example; kids believe in Santa right? So Santa, for them, is as real as anything else. But they don't see who puts the presents under the tree, so according to the subjective reality, the act of putting the presents under the tree never occurred, just like the dream example. Only the consequences, i.e. the presents, are real. But they still believe Santa puts the presents, so that's how there reality will be, until we convince otherwise; that's when Santa stops coming.

Actually, the subjective reality says that if every Santa non-believer ceased to exist or became a Santa believer, then Santa would become a reality because there would be no one to un-create and un-manifest him.

All the Santa believers will make Santa become real. How fun is that?
 


OK, so what's the lesson from all of this?
1) Kids are great manifesters, they'd do anything to achieve their goals.
2) Kids don't have any limiting believes, nothing is impossible to them.
3) What kids believe in is real. Until we convince them otherwise.
4) Kids know that reality is thought-created, and that whatever they think of will soon become real.

I could go on and on... and on... about how pure the way kids perceive reality. But we were all kids once (unless you have The Curious Case of Benjamin Button). We all have these powers and abilities inside of us, we just forgot how to use them. It's then by embracing our "mini-us" that we can (try to) restore these hidden powers.