Apr 26, 2012

Reincarnation and Soul Mates

Soul reincarnation and trenscendence
Photo credit: syncretia.en.spirit

Today I was thinking about reincarnation (Soul transcendence from a physical body to another after the first one dies), and I thought: If reincarnation is real and souls really can transcend from one body to another, that would mean that the number of souls is constant. But in reality, the world population is increasing in an accelerating speed. And we know that the world only started with Adam and Eve.

But then I had an idea: What if souls don't transcend, but rather split? I don't mean that the soul split in two complementary halves, but rather "doubles" into two identical souls, just like the way a human cell split in two.

That would explain soul mates! It struck me like a thunder *Feels like discovering something BIG*

But how about best friends? And people who find more than one soul mate during their life? (Here goes the excitement)

Souls, then, must be able to split into more than two souls. (A-ha moment)

I also concluded that people who kill themselves can't have their souls split but don't ask me why.

And also that "love at the first soulful eye-contact" is more accurate than "love at the first sight". Because eyes are the windows of the soul and only when you look deeply into someone eyes you can recognize if he/she is your soul mate or not.

This not only means that our souls remain alive after our physical bodies vanish, but also that we all root from one single soul. The soul of God.
"O mankind, fear your Lord, who created you from one soul and created from it its mate and dispersed from both of them many men and women..." Quran 4:1
"[So mention] when your Lord said to the angels, 'Indeed, I am going to create a human being from clay'. So when I have proportioned him and breathed into him of My [created] soul, then fall down to him in prostration." Quran 38:71-72
But how does the split happen? what "data" gets embedded onto the soul? I don't know (yet). So why don't you try to help me answer these questions in the comment section below.

This post was inspired by the following passage:
"But the man whose thoughts and dreams have ended, whose desires and yearnings have finished, whose emotions and feelings have vanished has no place to go. there is no longer any reason for him to go anywhere. And so no cause remains for him to reborn." ~Osho


Update (27/04/2012):

When I wrote this post, the novel Brida by Paulo Coelho was right next to me but I hadn't had open it yet...
The first thing I did though, after publishing this post, was to start reading Brida.
It turns out that the inspiration didn't come from the passage I was reading, but I was actually "telepathically" reading Brida... When I realized this I was literally shocked and couldn't continue reading or do anything for half an hour. I know some people are used to this, but this is the first time it happens to me (at least not on such a high level of accuracy)
If you haven't read Brida, you won't know what I'm talking about... So just know that the first 30 pages of the book contains all the ideas in the above post.

Repost This