Jul 24, 2012

Eat Blindfolded!

Eat Apple Blindfolded Photo!
Photo credit: yellowcrayola

You HAVE to try this!

Just now, I was eating an apple.. Just an ordinary apple. And suddenly decided to close my eyes. Simply because I was tired. But to my surprise, the apple went from normal-tasting apple into super-delicious apple instantly! I opened my eyes again.. Back to normal apple. Closed my eyes.. Pure joy in the form of an apple xD

I wondered if this works with other food too.. And it did!

My theory is that when you close your eyes, you give more attention to the food you're eating and thus enjoy it more.

But you have to try it for yourself to know what I'm talking about.

Oh and if you're worried about what people will think of you, just GTFO! What are you doing here on my blog?! 0.o

But seriously, you don't have to keep your eyes closed all the time, just while chewing..

Interestingly though, while doing my usual research about blindfolded eating, I discovered that it is a recommended method to lose weight!
"Eating your dinner blindfolded may be the key to gaining control over your portion sizes."  
The trick is, we rely on visual input to decide when to stop eating. i.e. We stop eating when our plate is empty. But while being blindfolded, you can listen to your stomach instead of your plate, thus eating less than usual.. With regular practice, you can learn to listen to your stomach without being blindfolded.

Anyway.. Try it out and let me know what you find ^^


P.S: Don't forget to share this post so that others can benefit from it too (: