Oct 4, 2013

The Butterfly Project

rules of the butterfly project photo


A couple of years ago, an anonymous person on Omegle sent me a photo and asked me to share it. It was a low quality photo of The Butterfly Project, explaining what the project is about and its rules.

I instantly fell in love with the idea, and I started googling and reading more about it. I found its facebook page, which had a poor profile picture and no cover. So I made the photos above and below and sent them to the page's admin in a private message.


header of the butterfly project facebook page


The facebook page isn't active much anymore, but the presence of The Butterfly Project online is very strong, and I'm sure it has helped many people so far get through depression and to stop cutting.

The purpose of this post is to try to spread the word about The Butterfly Project to as much people as possible. And not just those who cut, bullies need to know the consequences of their actions too. And the people closest to you and whom you think you know well might be suffering from constant cutting without you knowing. So please help me share this and reach as much people as possible since this could be life saving.